Because everything you do financially affects your taxes.

Frequently Asked Questions

How much does Financial Planning cost?

The fee for our basic financial analysis is $495.  Often this approach is totally comprehensive and gets the job done.  Sometimes, more work is necessary.  In those cases there may be additional fees.

Do I need a Will or a Trust?

A quick review of your assets and objectives will determine that.  More often than not, a “Living-Trust” will be the most efficient estate document because of its versatility and probate savings features.

Can  I Buy stocks from you?

Our company’s philosophy is to support strategic savings and investments which definitely includes participating in the stocks and bonds market.  We do this by offering professional managed mutual fund  opportunities.  We leave trade services to stock brokers.

Does my company need an accountant?

The IRS does not require you to have an accountant, but the IRS does require you to maintain accurate books and records.  Your money matters strives to help you keep more of the money you make and make more from the money you keep.  Why not let us assist you in setting up your accounting system?  If you prefer we can complete your monthly accounting so you can focus on the things that matter to you.

Can you help me with my corporation’s pension plan?


How can I invest for my child’s education?

Your Money Matters believes in an on-going systematic approach.  In fact, an automatic monthly contribution is the easiest way to save. 

How long do I need to keep my old tax records?

Generally, you must keep your records that support an item of income or deductions on a tax return until the period of limitations for that return runs out (3 yrs for a Federal return and 4 yrs for a CA State return).  For worthless securities or a bad debt deduction, keep your records for 7 yrs.

How much life insurance should I have?

Several factors determine the right amount of life insurance such as your income, if you have children, own a home or are carrying debt.  A general rule of thumb is 5 times your total annual salary. Please call our office to schedule an appointment for more information.

Are you CPA’s?

We are not CPA’s but Tax Specialists.  Licensed in the State of California, we have specialized training in the areas of Tax Law and implementation. As tax specialists, we focus on the “big picture” – how you finances affect your taxes and how your taxes affect your finances.


© 2012 Your Money Matters, Inc.